PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE Sites. THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE Sites AND NOT TO INFORMATION COLLECTED OFFLINE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER WEBSITES (EVEN IF AFFILIATED WITH COMPANY).
BY ACCEPTING THIS POLICY AND USING THE Sites, YOU warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years old or older and possess the legal right and ability to agree to this Policy. Furthermore, by accepting this POLICY and using the Sites, you AGREE TO AND ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, POLICIES AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONDUCTING THIS TRANSACTION ELECTRONICALLY AND A CHOICE OF Pennsylvania LAW.
COMPANY MAY MODIFY THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME, AT ITS DISCRETION, AND MODIFICATIONS ARE EFFECTIVE UPON BEING POSTED ON The Sites. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REVIEWING THIS POLICY PERIODICALLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY CHANGES TO IT BECAUSE YOUR CONTINUED USE OF the Sites WILL MEAN THAT YOU ACCEPT SUCH CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY, OR ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE Sites OR DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THE Sites.
Last updated and effective as of January 1, 2020.
The Information We Collect
We collect personal and other information from you when you provide information to us or whenever you interact with us via the Sites. There are two kinds of information websites and interactive applications can obtain about you: (A) Anonymous Information and (B) Personally Identifiable Information. This section details what types of Anonymous Information and Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you when you access or use the Sites.
(A) Anonymous Information
“Anonymous Information” is data that does not contain information that identifies an individual, which websites and online services use to administer their sites and provide their products and services. Anonymous information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. It may include such information as your browser type, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, or information related to your use of the Sites, such as the page served, time of request, preceding page viewed, referring web site address, and other similar information, and may include the use of “cookies” or other tracking technologies. Company may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate anonymous information about visitors’ use of Sites.
- We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device, or other device you use to access the Sites, such as IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information. Web servers automatically identify your device by its IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any Personally Identifiable Information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user or visitor. The Sites also may gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the products and services we offer.
Cookie and Web Beacon Information
Third-Party Social Media Information
- If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any of our pages on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram (“Social Media Platforms”), we may receive aggregate information and analysis about visitors’ usage of our pages on such Social Media Platforms.
(B) Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, credit card information, or your telephone number. You provide your Personally Identifiable Information to us in a variety of ways when you interact with our Sites. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you register for participation in certain features of our Sites, subscribe to our email communications, comment on blogs, or when you contact us. For example, you may be asked to provide the following information:
- To participate in certain features of the Sites, we may request that you create an account by providing personal information and creating a username and password. We will use this information to maintain your account. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new features available on the Sites, special offers, and promotional materials that we think may be of interest to you. You may elect not to receive such information by opting out as described below.
- We offer visitors to the Sites the opportunity to sign up to receive email notices, promotions and other communications from us. In order to sign up for these communications, we ask for your contact information, such as name, email address, and ZIP code. We may also offer the opportunity for you to receive other communications that we think may be of interest to you.
- Scattered throughout Sites are links or forms that can be used to contact us so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions, or ask questions. Your name, email address, address, and/or phone number may be requested on these forms. Company may store information from email on file but does not currently sell or license this information with third parties without express authorization from you.
Third-Party Social Media Sites
How We Use Gathered Information
In addition to the uses described above, the information you share with us may be used as follows:
(A) Anonymous Information
(B) Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information collected by Company may be used for purposes including administration of the Sites, account registration and maintenance, and communications with you. For example, we may use information about you to take actions in response to your inquiries or other activities on Sites, post your comments or reviews or other statements, and send you personalized promotions and offers. In addition, we may from time to time contract with third parties to assist us in collecting, maintaining and managing our customer information, conducting promotions, suggesting nearby physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers participating in our market, communicating effectively with our customers, and providing analytics regarding your interactions with the Sites and other third-party websites so that we may improve the products and services we offer you. For example, we contract with service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They collect information about your visits to and use of the Sites. They also may use information about your visits to the Sites and other websites to target advertisements to you for our products and services. These targeted advertisements to you may appear on the Sites or on other websites that you visit.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you indicate that you do not wish to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we do not currently respond to such features or signals. Therefore, if you select or turn on a “do not track” feature in your web browser or block or delete tracking cookies, Company and its third-party providers may continue collecting information about your online activities as described in this Policy.
If you choose to access the Sites while you are logged into your account with a Social Media Platform, our third-party providers may collect certain information about your activities and profile on such Social Media Platform, including without limitation your visits to and conversations and comments about specific pages, products and services, and shares and referrals you make for specific pages, products, and services. This information may be combined with other information available on your profile on Social Media Platforms, including without limitation your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes and preferences, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status and any other information you have made available on the Social Media Platforms and will become part of your profile as maintained by Company.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Sites; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
- The Sites are controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States of America (“U.S.”), and the information we collect, and access is governed by U.S. law. We make no representation that the Sites are appropriate for use in locations outside the U.S. and do not direct or intend the Sites to be accessed outside of the U.S. The information we collect, and access is governed solely by U.S. law. If you are located outside the U.S. and are using the Sites, you should be aware that your personal information will be transferred to the U.S., the laws of which may be deemed by your country to have inadequate data protection. If you are located in a country outside the U.S. and voluntarily submit personal information to us, you thereby consent to the general use and onward disclosure of such information as provided in this Policy and to the transfer of that information to, and/or storage of that information in, the U.S. Please note that some features of the Sites may not be available to users located outside of the U.S. or within certain geographic markets within the U.S.
- We support the right of visitors to choose. You will be given the right to opt out of receiving any promotional materials about Company or its partners whenever you are asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information on the Sites. If you do not opt out at that time, but later decide that you do not wish to receive future communications of this nature you can contact us at email@example.com or at the address provided below, indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to the Sites.
- Your opt-out request may take up to ten (10) business days to process, and you may receive communications from us or our third-party service providers in the meantime.
Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Sites incorporate reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect via the Sites. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please do not use email or Social Media Platforms to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the Sites.
Disclosure of Information Through Business Transfers
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the event that a portion or substantially all of Company assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including Personally Identifiable Information) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. Company strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through the Sites from those we actually know are under 13, no part of the Sites is structured to attract anyone under 13, and we do not knowingly collect or use the personal information of minors for marketing purposes. Please note that if you are under 18, you may access and use the Sites only with the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.
Consent; Governing Law and Venue
The Sites are controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States. By using the Sites, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through the Sites. This Policy and the use of the Sites are governed by Pennsylvania law. Any claim related to the Sites or this Policy shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, within one year after the claim arises. Users of the Sites consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
Special Notice to California Residents
Account Revisions, Revoking & Deleting Personal Information
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to the Sites. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.